Friday, September 29, 2006

Ranting

Forgive me, but I need to vent. Roverine has become hooked on Grey's Anatomy. It is a sad commentary on our society that anyone watches this show. Even more pathetic is the fact that it isn't even the worst show on TV! I've long since refused to watch Desperate Housewives and The O. C. Although I still say that those Orange County kids are alright in a very twisted sort of way. Anyway, back to Grey's Anatomy. What is the appeal of this show? It is about a bunch of self obsessed brats who pursue the most frequent occurrence of inappropriate sexual relations possible, and practice some medicine in their free time.

In what world does it make sense that cheating on your wife because she cheated on you mean that everything will work out? And that work of genius only covers the first episode. In Grey's world you would then realize that cheating on your wife was fun, so you do it again. Using your logic, your wife then continues her affair. This angers you. Did I mention that you are cheating on your wife with someone you supervise at work?

Or, you are a doctor who really likes one of your patients. They like you also. The relationship progresses until you get engaged. Your fiance is sick, but not sick enough to get a needed transplant. To help out, you intentionally make them worse. They die. You quit, saying you feel bad about the whole thing when in actuality you were about 30 seconds away from getting fired. You get depressed, lay on the floor for awhile, makes some muffins, go to the bar, etc. Meanwhile your supervisor feels guilty because she should have told you not to kill your patients, and begs you to come back to work.

Let me tell you something. At my job, if I intentionally do anything that ends badly I will not be given the opportunity to quit, and will not be begged to return regardless of how tasty my muffins are.

In short, Grey's Anatomy has been added to the list of shows I refuse to watch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta laugh. I don't watch Grey's, but I watch terrible TV! It's so embarrassing I won't even write about it here.

Proteinstar said...

I still love Ron Popeil. I use my Electric Food Dehydrator almost daily.

Cavatica said...

Don't despair. You have a very bright cousin who has a wife that watches Smallville. The shame!