Sunday, July 17, 2005

Why I Am Destined For Greatness

It is probably obvious to anyone who has read this blog that I am destined for greatness. In case you have any doubts, here is a list of people that share my birthday. I know that this had already been done on another blog, but as you will see my birthday blows those out of the water. I have divided the names in categories to assist you. So here is a list of people who entered the world on the 30th of November.

Politics/World History
By far the highlight of this section, and the list as a whole, is the Lion of Britain and the Defender of the Free World. Winston Churchill was born on November 30. I always felt that Winston and I had a connection. Albrecht von Kesserling, more commonly known as Field Marshall von Kesserling of WWII fame adds a little more distinction to the list (1885). Here are a few more:

G. Gordon Liddy (1929 and 1930)- That's right, there were two. One was a famous entertainer, the other of Watergate fame.
Andres Bonifacio (1863)- Led the Philipino revolt against Spain in 1896.
Oliver Winchester (1810)- Invented the Winchester Rifle.
Christian VI (1699)- King of Denmark and Norway

Sports and Entertainment
The shame of my list is, by far, one Clay Aiken (1978). However, he is easily balanced out by the awesome Billy Idol (1955). Also:

Des'ree (1970)
Ben Stiller (1965)
Bo Jackson (1962)- Bo knows football and baseball.
Dick Clark (1929)- The real Dick, not the robot that we see on TV every New Year's Eve. The robot was "born" on November 30, 1989.

Literature
All I have to say here is Mark Twain (1835) and Jonathan Swift (1667). As you know, Twain wrote pretty much everything, and Swift is known for "Gulliver's Travels" and "A Modest Proposal."

As you can see, I may just have the greatest birthday ever. If you need more convincing view this short list of events that occurred on my birthday.

1954- First report of a meteorite striking a woman.
1947- The beginning of the Jewish War for Independence.
1891- The first indoor softball match.
1839- Mexico declares war on France.

As final proof of my grand destiny I throw in the Biblical characters of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Their exact dates of birth have never been confirmed, so I'm going to go ahead and claim them right now. That's the whole list for you. You can make your own conclusions from it, but I know the truth. I do have to give a shout to my coworker "Hawk" Henning who, during the creation of this post, learned that he shares his birthday with one Saddam Hussein. Ouch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rover - I'm amazed that Winston defended Britain 30-odd years, in his infancy, after WWII ended....check your year - I think you might have put your birth year instead of his. Feel free to delete my comment out. :-)

Proteinstar said...

Solved that problem Shoop. Won't you be wishin' I hadn't. dust in the wind is better than 'poop on my shoe'.

Nathan Hackman said...

Yeah, Churchill wasn't born in 78, it was actually in the late 1880s. Sorry.