Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Coming Out

It didn't take long did it? His first week in office was barely over before the media was declaring that Obama's "honeymoon" was over. Now we're finding out that some of his political appointees are in fact politicians (the shock) and have engaged in all of the unsavory activities that politicians seem drawn to, like not paying taxes. Some people seem generally distraught by this, some outraged, some overjoyed. "The Chosen One" has turned out to be imperfect after all (so much for living life according to Oprah).

I had to run a check in to our district office before lunch today, so I bailed out of the office around 11, got halfway to my car before realizing that I didn't actually have the check. Had to turn around and go back. That got me thinking. Why did this happen? I couldn't very well blame the check, because it was exactly where I had left it. I couldn't blame my car, becuase it really wasn't involved in any meaningful way. Couldn't blame coworkers, I was the only one around. Couldn't find a way to chuck it on the layout of the building. I did have to pee really bad, but that's because I drank way too much water after working out today. I probably spent a good twenty minutes thinking about how this happened when I finally though, "Holy s--t! Barack Obama's not perfect!" This really liberated my worldview. If the leader of the free world, and the hope for every generation until the end of time, isn't perfect than maybe I'm not either. Could this be? It took me a few hours to come to grips with the thought, but now I'm at ease with the fact and am ready to come out publicly. People of the world, I am not perfect. Not only am I not perfect, but I am challenging you to embrace this imperfection. Join me in publicly declaring your imperfection to the world!

PS. My church is bringing back revival meetings to be more outreach oriented. How retarded is that?

1 comment:

Cavatica said...

Phew! I thought you were going to take this to the next level -- asking your readers to embrace their OWN imperfections. Obama's, I can accept. Yours, I can accept. Mine? Nah. Thanks for not asking.