Saturday, August 27, 2005

A Great Mystery Revealed.

Sorry that I haven't really posted in awhile. I just haven't had that many great adventures lately. I know that you are all still waiting for The Valley Part III, but wedding planning and various other things have thus far conspired against its completion. I have a couple of days off next week, so maybe I'll get it done then.

I suppose the big news in the blogrings these days is the arrival of the mysterious EGTY. It has been reported that EGTY can be chopped to pieces and then regrow himself from the stump of a tree at an incredible rate of speed. While the discovery of the phoenix of trees would be cool, we have now come to know that EGTY is nothing more than a pathetic attempt by wanna-be spammers to bring attention to their own company. It turns out that EGTY has never wrestled a badger in Juarez, or rid a college campus of a marauding gang of mercenary squirrels, or even been suspended over an abandoned mine shaft. We will never know if EGTY tastes good when grilled with a little bit of cheese, or if he can make us laugh until our bellies hurt. It is depressing in a way, EGTY could have been many things, but turned out to be none of them. I will miss you EGTY, you were the friend that none of us ever wanted to have. It's really a shame because I was so looking forward to having a tree in my backyard that I would have to chop down every day.

2 comments:

Proteinstar said...

I'm planning on holding a memorial service for EGTY on Sept 6th at 7:30pm.

Please bring a few thoughtful words that can be spoken over the vacant space in my yard where EGTY could have grown perpetually.

matt said...

I see that you are doing a tremendous job of not posting. You are coming up on 2 weeks. Woohoo, time to bust.