Monday, October 16, 2006

Discovering My Hometown

Back when it was warmer out Roverine and I took a walk around town and took some pictures. While parts of the area are aptly described as "ghetto," there are some interesting buildings and other points of interest about. Here you go.


The home of a local celebrity.



Perhaps the most famous business in town. Great old building.



Never ate there, no plans to.



Maybe he's been advertising in the wrong places.



No, it didn't stop for the sign.




The train station.


And some more of that.


Like I said, "Ghetto."

2 comments:

Proteinstar said...

whines non stop when I don't post. And when I do, 3 times none the less, I get nada, zippo, nothing.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I used to work at that railroad! And no, I didn't stop the train when I brought it down the street either. That's why we used a flagman to stop traffic. My office was in the station in the picture. Officially I was the passenger agent, but I was also brakeman, flagman, conductor, engineer, track worker, plumber, electrician, car-knocker (car maintenance worker) and anything else that needed done.

Oh and by the way, Kuppy's is a great diner!