Friday, July 14, 2006

So, I Got Married. . .

. . . and that was fun. Really, I had a great time and I hope that all of you did as well (patented thank you card line). Maybe I'll post some pics later. Now that I am going on six consecutive days of marriage I thought I would drop some knowledge on you unmarried folks. I initially anticipated that I would get yelled at more after getting married. This hasn't really happened yet. There was some yelling on Day 2, but that has since subsided. The prize for best wedding advice has got to go to the dude at my local bike shop. He told me to take everything my spouse said and did in the two months leading up to the wedding, and pretend that it never happened. He said that the woman I knew during that time period was not the woman I proposed to and would not be the woman I married. "There is something about weddings and babies that make women go nuts." He was correct. I should by him something. Or not. Maybe I will stop telling people that he can't adjust a derailleur to save his life. That would be nice of me. I was pretty grumpy for a day or two leading up to the wedding, and I wasn't really sure why, because I was actually pretty excited to get married. I think it was all of the extraneous trappings that go along with getting married. It really is a bunch of excessive crap that does little to enhance the occasion. I could have assembled a panel of man friends and had the whole event planned in 30 minutes for a much lower price and had a guarantee that there would be no left over alcohol to worry about. However, those are some pictures I would not want to post. My point here for the guys is that there is a good chance that you will be miserable for a short time period leading up to your wedding. My Dad told me that he experienced the same thing. Hang in there guys, the spirit of the woman you love returns to inhabit her body somewhere between the dressing room and the altar. And from my nearly six days of marriage experience, she sticks around for awhile.

Now that I am married it is apparent the the title "The Fiance" is no longer an adequate descriptor for my spouse when blogging. I am officially announcing a contest to give my spouse her new blogging title. Just leave your entry in the comment field and I will pick a winner.

Also, I'm off for a trip around the World visiting such exotic locations as Mexico, North Carolina, and New Jersey. Isn't it strange that North Carolina and New Jersey actually used to be exotic places? Anyway, if you don't hear from me by the end of August you should just count me among that old fated crew that attempted to inhabit Roanoke Island, but instead found only Zombies!!!!

4 comments:

Cavatica said...

Your wedding was fun and that advice from the bike shop guy is great! One day after dress shopping I had decided I wanted nothing to do with my family or weddings and called Rich and said, "let's elope." He laughed because he was feeling pretty much the same way. But we stuck it out and did it and there's been no regrets. So, 6 days and counting! Have a great honeymoon, return, and enjoy your status in ranks of the married. You have lots of excellent role models.

matt said...

How about....The Schwartz

stephen said...

Roverette

Proteinstar said...

The Brood Queen of Rover.